So after a harrowing day where I found out my dog needed a surgery that will set me back about 3k, I was driving along and my truck began to have trouble shifting gears. Seeing as I was about to drive it 11 hours to an event, I decided to stop by my mechanic and see how dire the situation was. It was dire. Truck could not drive 11 hours until fixed and seeing as it was 4:30 pm and I was leaving the following day at 7am, truck would not be going to the show. But would I?
Well I’m writing this from the show grounds, watching fancy trailers roll in, so the answer is yes. An incredibly kind friend let me borrow her truck and Georgie and I are at Inavale safe and sound.
Georgie is a great traveller but it was a long day for both of us. This morning she felt good but our dressage lesson was sub par. Trainer recommended riding again this evening to work on getting more bend and some suppleness that was lacking.
Weather is lovely and cool, and we are looking forward to trying to keep Georgie clean tonight, so her third bath in as many days may make her actually appear well groomed.
Beyond excited to be here and ready for the first recognized event of the season!